Diary of an Insomniac



“Life is similar to a bus ride.
The journey begins when we board the bus.
We meet people along our way of which some are strangers, some friends and some strangers yet to be friends.
There are stops at intervals and people board in.
At times some of these people make their presence felt, leave an impact through their grace and beauty on us fellow passengers while on other occasions they remain indifferent…

You fascinate me. You left an impression.


The intensity of his gaze was unnerving, I had to look away. I guess I've been single for far too long if that intent look made me feel giddy inside.

You know that weird tingly feeling of hormonal explosion? Like ugh! Experts say that when we feel that initial attraction to someone, a cocktail of chemicals: phenethylamine, dopamine and oxytocin are released. (Patrick if you happen to read this, stop rolling your eyes or I’ll pluck ‘em out of their sockets!) ROFL. “That’s the problem with you. You always attach scientific explanations...” I’m sure he will go along this line and insult me which is fairly unusual since I’m a female. Duh! I’m not one of your guys Pat, obviously. Be nicer! Hahaha. :p


He has coffee in his eyes. Perhaps that’s the reason why he keeps me late at night.

Of Milk, Coffee and Chocolate Bliss…

When I stared at his pools, I knew they were coffee melting into chocolate. They were the kind that can drown and suck you in, you can almost taste the deliciousness. At that moment, the world around me ceased to exist and all I heard was the beating of my heart. His eyes devoured my existence. I tried a deadpan nonchalant appearance but probably failed to do so. I don’t remember much of the details from our coincidental encounters which is weird ‘coz I’m visual and can make vivid images in my head. But I can recall how hauntingly handsome the man was. && I’m doomed, ya know! I guess if you can't get someone out of your head, they were never meant to leave and will probably follow you in your sleep. Hahaha. Good night i-know-your-name-now but I will call you milk-coffee-&chocolate-bliss. 









Comments

Popular Posts